Thursday, May 1, 2008

24 WeeksToday!

Time keeps marching on, doesn't it? I haven't updated in a while because Gabe had a cold and then I had it. Now Matt's home early from work with it. Good times.

Things are moving along fine. I'm no longer in so much pain I'm in tears, my hips and pelvis seem to be working better now. I'm so relieved, I was panicking about things just getting worse and worse as I got further along. A breather is very nice. I just have to remember to wear some shoes while I'm cooking and doing dishes on the hard floor of the kitchen. *grumble*

The blanket is coming along great. I have been thrilled to get more yarn from all around. The notes and messages that have been included have been wonderful. I can't ever tell you how much it means to me.

Here's what it looks like so far:
I'm out of yarn again so I'm stalking the post office. Here's who's been worked in since my last update:

8. Yve (who sent the most sparkly yarn all the way from England!)

9. Kathy (the one from Colorado :D )

10. Aunt Marilyn

11. My mom

12. Yuling

(Click for full-sized photo)

Every contribution is deeply special, but I have to mention Yuling. When I pulled her package out of the box I squealed right there in the post office. Yuling and I spent countless hours together in graduate school. She was my mentor and my friend. She finished her doctorate (so she's one WAY up on me!) and moved to northern California. I haven't seen her in years, and we haven't talked in ages. Seeing her package warmed my heart and made my day. Here's a lesson to you all: if there's someone you really love out there, don't be an idiot like me. Keep in touch with them!

No comments: